My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a Global, Market Leading 3PL brand.
The Planning Manager in Swindon will be responsible for...
- Ensure daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished
(i.e. staffing, equipment, space)
- Team training and development / succession planning
- Team morale building
- Manage and deliver operational performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) - Absence Management/Health and Safety compliance etc
- Ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Support the team with Recruitment
- Planning and placement of all manpower/MHE
- Planning and maintaining all layout requirements
- Planning for events and peak trade
- Identify cost savings or opportunities.
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding vehicle utilisation for core vehicles.
- Point of contact for all strategic planning schedules created with the customer and driving efficiency's within the operation.
The Planning Manager must have...
- Have good commercial awareness and understanding of financial information.
- Planning experience within a Warehouse and Transport function
- Customer focused and able to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- Self-starter, energetic, hands-on approach.
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a large Warehouse and Transport operation
The Planning Manager will receive...
- A salary of between £45,000-£50,000 depending one experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts