My client is a leading retailer who is experiencing exceptional growth. They are now recruiting for a PM Transport Manager to support their flagship operation based in castle Donington.
The key responsibilities for the PM Transport Manager will be;
- Responsible for a team of 70 vehicles / Drivers
- Proactively motivate drivers and other team members, to achieve planned targets and deadlines and resolve any issues on a daily basis
- Be commercially aware and manage dealings with sub-contracted hauliers.
- Ensure absences, sickness and holidays are covered with trained agency personnel
- Ensure any absence, conduct or performance issues are dealt with in accordance with policy
- Promote and record near miss reporting
- Manage all aspects of driver compliance. (WTD, Tacograph, Infringements)
- Ensuring effective collation of statistical information for various transport reports
- Responsible for ensuring that all vehicles meet with transport legislation, and all live defects are rectified and signed off
- Management of tachograph records, purchasing and vehicle downloads
- Ensuring the correct management of driver's hours, working time directives and monitoring of reference period averages
- Close liaison with other departments within the site.
The successful PM Transport manager will:
- Extensive knowledge of transport processes and practices, ideally including P&L accountability.
- Hold a CPC Qualification.
- Previous experience of running a fast paced multi-drop transport operation.
- Able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
- Effective communicator who is able to influence at all levels.
- Have at least 5 years experience in a Logistics distribution and supply chain background.
- Live within a commutable distance of Castle Donington.
£70,000 + Company Benefits