Michael Page Procurement & Supply Chain are pleased to be supporting our public sector client with the appointment of an interim Principal Procurement Officer for a period of 12 months.
Working as part of a well established commercial team you will be responsible for:
- Achieving and reporting on savings and efficiencies achieved with costs including spend, scrappage, usage and inventory levels
- Executing end to end procurement processes, including data collection, document preparation, negotiation, contract award, contract management and supplier relationship management
- Managing communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Communicating priorities and business plans to internal and external stakeholders whilst ensuring that all programmes and projects deliver to time, cost and quality requirements
- Developing and motivating staff
- Setting standards and values for the team, ensuring effective communications with staff are in place
- Defining, analysing and interpreting financial data confidently
The ideally candidate will need to demonstrate strong contract management agreeing Terms and Conditions in a collaborative way. You will ideally be CIPS qualified with a construction or Defence background.
12 Months interim assignment.