Procurement Business Partner
Your New Company
My Client are a Public-Sector Body, who provides a wide range of specialist services including, Education, Training and Research. Their current situation is that, they have just gone through a company restructure, and are now looking to imbed a permanent structure
Your New role
- Ensure contract compliance of all expenditure and pursue procurement excellence through the development and implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects across these key areas of expenditure.
- To develop strategic procurement and commercial strategies for the expenditure categories and to maintain short, medium and long term work plan and benefits forecast with appropriate levels of detail.
- Provide commercial advice to the Trust and to internal stakeholders.
- To ensure appropriate and effective contract management is in place in conjunction with key stakeholders for all expenditure across the division/expenditure categories.
- To lead/facilitate strategic initiatives such as sustainable procurement, local supplier development and collaborative opportunities.
- Develop and Implement innovative strategies for procurement across the company that are compliant with company's procurement standards and policies and that have a high level of user input and involvement.
- Work with staff at all levels within the company and particularly with senior managers making sure all requirements are identified and fully considered.
- Through the collation and analysis of data, provide information to support procurement projects and aid appropriate product standardisation and rationalisation, improved business processes and cost improvements.
The role is to provide a high-level of expert knowledge and skill to ensure:
- Best practice procurement and strategic sourcing
- Maximise value from the supply chain
- Well defined procurement category plan and strategies
- Management of risk
- Value for money
- The development and implementation of innovation
- Tracked benefits & contract compliance
- Managed relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers and other agencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Recognised continuing personal/career development at an advanced level
- Evidence of highly developed specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and experience.
- Management skills and knowledge acquired through training and experience.
- Experience of managing complex procurement projects including business case, options appraisal, tender documentation, tender evaluation and contract award processes.
- A working knowledge of the Public Sector - and public-sector procurement rules.
- Knowledge of Category Management techniques and experience of the development and implementation of category management plans and processes across significant categories of expenditure.
- Strong understanding of unlocking value from procurement & supply chain, such as sourcing, tendering, demand management, standardisation and contract management.
- Experience of working proactively with key suppliers to develop and adopt innovative products and solutions.
- Experience in Supplier Relationship Management, including supplier performance, continuous improvement and management of supplier expectations.
- Experience in OJEU
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using specialist e-procurement tools including e-tendering, e-sourcing and reverse auctions.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to be tactful and diplomatic and communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers
- Prince2 or other recognised project management qualifications
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Member of category-specific professional body
- Personal/career development to master's level or equivalent.
- Experience in Buying Medical equipment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.