My client is a leading global chemical manufacturer who I have successfully worked with on a number of occasions and have only ever heard positive things. They are an ambitious growing business that has a clear strategy and desires to break into the FTSE 100. Procurement is on an exciting journey where they are making a real impact.
The key responsibilities for the Procurement Category Manager - Engineering include:-
- Development and implementation of category sourcing strategies for categories across the Europe region aligned to the group procurement strategy.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from requirements, market analysis, supplier selection, tendering, contract and price negotiation, through to post-contract award SRM and performance \ SLA assessment using the eSourcing processes and tools (SAP Ariba)
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice in a complex, multi-site operation across Europe
- Liaising cross-functionally with a diverse internal community
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, governance and strategic vendor relationships
- Be an integral part of the the Procurement team working with stakeholders to promote the function and develop standard processes and governance
The successful Procurement Category Manager - Engineering will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Demonstrable category experience in machinery, MRO, engineering, CAPEX
- Knowledge and experience in model contracting forms (e.g. IChemE / NEC etc.)
- Highly numerate and technical
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
On offer to the successful Procurement Category Manager - Engineering is great opportunity to impact a key area of spend in global business where you input will be truly valued.