Procurement Category Specialist / £35,000 - £38,000 per year
Your new company
You will be working for a procurement outsourcing business with a strong and growing portfolio of clients in the public and private sector.
Your new role
You will be responsible for assisting a range of clients across the UK in supporting and leading their procurement tenders. You will work with a variety of clients across multiple sectors and industries under both OJEU and non-OJEU regulations. The majority of the projects will fall within Facilities Management categories.
- Undertake consultancy work with the client base to review, improve and deliver best practice procurement policies and procedures across their organisation.
- Lead the development and implementation of category management strategy with specific emphasis on Facilities Management (Catering/Cleaning services) categories.
- Involved in leading and managing complex contracting solutions, spend aggregation strategies and collaborative procurement initiatives.
- Provide advice and guidance for contract management.
- Understanding market intelligence and undertake analysis activities in regard to supplier selection
- Manage bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection, and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis
- Undertake sourcing and tendering activities
- Lead on e-sourcing strategies for relevant Category spends
- Ensure compliance in all areas of procurement activity
- Ensure commercial targets are achieved against the business plan for Category Spend.
- Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Identify & implement best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
- Mitigate risk and liability to the Company and to our clients wherever possible
- Assist with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions
- Get involved with ad hoc project work.
- Some travel will be required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a proven background in Facilities Management categories with proven experience of working within OJEU guidelines. You will have the ability to build relationships with clients and suppliers and ability to pro-actively source for new suppliers:
- Experience of tendering and understanding or working knowledge of OJEU tendering processes and Public Contract Regulations 2015
- Experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects
- Ability to work within a cross functional team
- Ability to work with external Public Sector Buying Organisations (PSBOs)
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of between £35,000 and £38,000 per year , pus a benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.