Your new company
You will be working for a large national organisation that specialise in construction and facilities management and are based just outside of Birmingham City Centre.
Your new role
The key duties of this role are as follows:
- Establishing and maintaining an efficient and effective procurement service at all times in support of facilities management buying needs.
- Manage a large portfolio of professional services suppliers and contracts
- Flexibly covering multiple indirect categories across the business including Professional Services, Travel, Subcontractors and Advisory Services
- Ensuring purchases/orders remain primarily focused with national or preferred suppliers.
- Ensuring that all buying activities are carried out in accordance with procurement processes and highlighting any non-compliances to the individual for rectification and reporting to the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager.
- Identifying any opportunity to continually improve processes to ensure lean, effective procurement process supporting operations.
- Ensuring intra-company cross-selling opportunities are explored where possible.
- Managing buying resource to ensure operational needs are satisfied and a high level of service maintained.
- Continually reviewing existing supply deals and bench marking prices to ensure best value is constantly obtained.
- Reporting on supplier rebates that the buying team have delivered on a quarterly basis and collecting such rebates in a timely manner.
- Carrying out key supplier reviews in accordance with the latest forms and guidance.
- Continually reviewing sustainability profile of the key suppliers and products to ensure the principals of sustainable procurement are applied by the buying team wherever possible.
- Establishing strong links with operational teams and continually improving the procurement service provided. Attending operational meetings and visiting sites as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
The role holder will need to be an excellent communicator across a varied audience both internally and with third party suppliers. Developing relationships across the operational business and with national suppliers is key to the success of the role - the following attributes are necessary in successful undertaking of this role:
- Planning & Organising.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Indirect goods and services background.
- Independent thinker and self-managed.
- Ability to analyse and negotiate with suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to establish and manage processes and change.
- A background of indirect procurement is key
What you'll get in return
You will be paid up to £45,000 depending on experience plus a great benefits package from a leading employer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.