Procurement Manager – Birmingham (two days a week in London)
£375.00 per day
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of the UK`s leading organisations who are looking to hire a proactive, forward thinking and very assertive individual to take on the Category Manager position. My client is looking for a passionate individual who relishes facing a challenge head on to strategically purchase project specific goods or services for the stakeholder requirements, ensuring purchases quality products and services for competitive prices in a timely fashion. A strong working ethic is essential!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the client sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
Day to day duties will include:
• Working with stakeholders to devise procurement and sourcing strategies.
• Identifying profitable goods and services solutions by reviewing existing and new suppliers.
• Negotiating with external suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
• Conducting end to end procurement exercises including supporting stakeholders on the development of business cases.
• Identifying and securing appropriate savings for the business without compromising quality.
• Ensure all procurement complies with the client’s business policies and processes.
• Providing purchasing and negotiation guidance and support to the properties coordination manager.
• mobilising key supplier contracts to ensure the smooth commencement and delivery of service provision.
• Work with stakeholders to devise SLA`s and KPI`s.
The successful Procurement Manager is required to be CIPS qualified and be able to demonstrate clear ability to carry out complex end to end procurement processes as well as having experience of preparing and understanding contract terms and dealing with contractual escalations. To apply you will be required to have experience in using e-tendering, P2P and financial software systems. The client is looking to interview suitable applicants this week and ideally looking to appoint within the next two weeks, contact me NOW for an informal, confidential conversation.
To put your application forward please send your CV to Niall Gilligan at[email removed] or alternatively call me on 0121 234 9200.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser:[link removed]