Your new company
This newly established commercial company are fully capitalising on working with a Public Sector organisation as well as expanding their operation into the private sector. With a clear mission of expanding their this is a great time to joining this organisation
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to:
- To Lead on and deliver the Procurement Strategy, including delivering relevant work programmes relating to the efficient and effective management of procurement activities.
- Devising and implementing Procurement Strategy and management. To provide professional advice and champion the benefits to all staff on procurement strategy, thinking, practices and behaviours and to ensure all recognise the importance of efficient and effective procurement.
- To embed the procurement strategy, objectives and programmes into the longer term strategic financial plans for the business.
- To oversee the delivery of the Procurement strategy, policy & procedures.
- To prepare an annual action plan setting out key objectives for procurement for agreement by the Head of Operational Support and Leadership Team.
- Through the Management of an agreed work plan enable continuous improvement, challenging existing procurement practice and actively seeking ways of achieving greater outcomes and leaner supply chain delivery.
- Manage sourcing, liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to improve business and deliver cost savings.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will need to be a froward thinking individual who is dynamic to be able to bring a commercial approach within the Public Sector.
in order to be successful you will need to have experience of the following and it clearly represented on your CV:
- Educated to at least 'A' level or equivalent CIPS Diploma in Procurement & Supply (L4/L5) Evidence of extensive management experience in a similar environment
- Experienced in drafting tender specifications and evaluation criteria Knowledge of contract clauses and the application of such Good knowledge of strategic and legal procurement methodology
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make evidence based decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.