Procurement Manager Up to £45k p/a + benefits Hull Full Time, Permanent position
Your new role
An exciting new opportunity in East Yorkshire for a driven and Category focused Procurement Manager. The Procurement Manager will be tasked to lead the Procurement Team, identifying and implement category strategies and Supply Chain solutions to identify cost saving solutions and improve supplier relations.
- Interact at length with key stakeholders and analyse data to create category management approaches that deliver against both internal customers and business needs and expectations.
- Develop the landscape for procurement strategy and build resource requirements to form the basis of execution
- Develop key processes and controls in-line with procurement practices
- Advise and agree with stakeholders on the procurement strategy for both indirect and direct spend categories
- Identify external tools and associated benefits to enable business case justification leading ultimately to implementation.
- Deliver measurable savings through hands on category management
- Effective management of sourcing and contracting processes for "all" value contracts
- Collating and analysing supplier performance to support category strategies.
- Effective creation and or implementation of category strategies with in their region.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in a Procurement position is vital, ideally within a Management or Category Lead position
- MCIPS Qualified or studying towards
- Demonstrate leadership experience within procurement of multiple factories.
- Must have vast experience and exposure to a variety of categories and is able to actively describe key achievements along with methodologies, tools and techniques used.
- Exposure and leadership of category management and associated principles leading to the development of category strategies.
- Ability to be a "change-agent" and someone whom can make a difference within a short period of time.
- Able to demonstrate historic delivery of cost reduction across categories.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
What you'll get in return
Basic Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Full company benefits package, which includes Car Allowance and Company Bonus
Excellent opportunities for further development
Full Time, Permanent position
Free, on site parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.