Our client, based in N. Lincolnshire, have a strong order book for 2019/20 having secured a number of projects in 2018. With a view to increasing turnover and profitability they now look to professionalise their procurement department with the addition of this position of Procurement Manager.
This position of Procurement Manager will hold the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Head of Purchasing with the delivery and ongoing development of the procurement department to support new business growth and profitability of existing projects.
- Compiling commodity group plans in line with planned and unplanned requirements
- Negotiation and management of key contracts
- Managing and developing a small team of buyers
- Supplier performance management
- Ensuring optimal inventory levels are maintained
- Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Continued CI activities towards supplier relationship management
- Delivery of savings on commodity groups
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements, rejections and warranty claims
- Develop internal relationships with departments including Operations, Engineering, Projects, Sales, Finance, Quality.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Procurement Manager will have:
- A solid understanding of negotiating contracts within a Purchasing and Procurement position
- Exposure to working within an SME - (desirable not essential
- Experience within an engineering / industrial projects / manufacturing environment
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out opportunities
- The experience or capability to manage a small team
£50,000 - £55,000