1. To manage the corporate procurement team, delivering KPI's, service level objectives, managing individual and team performance, ensuring continuous improvement of the service, delivering and monitoring customer satisfaction.
2. To manage, monitor and report on procurement strategy to ensure contracts are procured and delivered within available resources, and within the timescales.
3. To advise on the most appropriate procurement strategy for specific contracts and arrange production of appropriate contract documentation providing specialist advice on complex procurement issues.
4. To provide advice to Senior Managers on the suitability and best value delivered by national procurement frameworks and consortia.
5. To lead role the ongoing review, and development of the Council's Procurement Guidance
6. Ensure consistency with local, Council, national and European procurement regulations and directives, providing training and support to other Council Officers and Senior Managers.
7. Manage and maintain the Council's suite of procurement templates.
8. Management of the Council's e-procurement system to ensure it remains current. And support other Officers to use the system.
9. Support the work of the Council to increase spend with Small, Micro and Medium enterprises particularly those in the area.
10. Ensure procedures are in place to undertake evaluation of tenders on the basis of financial and non-financial criteria, advising on the most appropriate contract to be awarded, dealing with confidential and contentious reports concerning employees, potential and actual suppliers and contractors to the Council.
11. Support the delivery and monitoring of Social Value.
12. Work with legal services to develop appropriate contract terms and conditions for contracts .
13. Ensure that workflows are in place and that all contracts are stored and available electronically.
14. Support the Councils approach to Contract Management.
15. Ensure appropriate Post Completion Reviews are conducted following contract award to inform future procurement, performance management statistics, monitoring compliance, assessing value for money and project outcomes achieved
16. To conduct negotiations with contractor's to the Council.
17. To support the Councils responsibilities for transparency by publishing both the contract register and the forward plan.
18. Ensuring that information on procurement is up to date on internal and externally facing web sites.
19. To manage and monitor procurement KPI's to support continuous improvement of the service.
20. Negotiate and agree extensions, cost reductions, variations and annual price adjustments for contracts and keep records of such updates.
21. To contribute to the overall performance of the directorate by assisting in the preparation, implementation and review of the Service Plan to maintain and improve service delivery.
22. To ensure that personal and team targets and KPI's are delivered in order to contribute to the core objectives of the Service, Directorate and Council.
23. To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of procurement legislation and best practice necessary for the performance of the Post holder, the team and wider Council to ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
24. To advise members of the public, contractors, developers, statutory bodies, Council, Directorates, Councillors and other interested parties in matters relating to the procurement of works, services and supplies to the Council.
25. To liaise with and support with the business community including: SME's and 3rd Sector enabling and developing them to have appropriate access to the Council's procurement information.
26. To generate income to supplement the Council's procurement service by promoting use of Contracts to external public bodies and internal departments, including concession contracts.
Substantial understanding of procurement and efficiency requirements within the Public Sector, including the principles of achieving best value without compromising on service delivery
Experience/knowledge of operating within local government environment
Experience of managing spend analysis and contract register to identify opportunities
Experience of Competitive Dialogue and Negotiated Procedures
Ability to and experience of using different approaches to evaluation
Experience and knowledge of operating within National and European Procurement Regulations
A competitive salary
continued support in your professional development