My client is a privately owned manufacturing business with 3 manufacturing sites across the UK, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for both the Redhill and Crawley site.
- Utilisation of the Company's overall buying power in obtaining the best value to the correct specification in support of the Group's objectives.
- Providing day to day management of suppliers and purchasing requirements.
- Negotiation of agreements with suppliers and taking responsibility for agreements where necessary.
- Ensuring that suppliers deliver in accordance with Service Level Agreements including agreed time, cost and quality measures and report back to management on these metrics.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained and followed for audit traceability.
- Willingness to travel and meet with Supply Chain
- Maintain up-to-date supplier lists and pricing arrangements to ensure the best commercial terms
- Calculate future purchasing needs based on recent sales usage (including the right mix of products to receive volume and margin)
- Develop, maintain, evaluate and expand reliable sources of supply to ensure adequate supplier production capacity, and to ensure that all risks associated with the procurement function are identified
Part number changes, price changes and new product launches
- Process Improvements
- Procurement knowledge within a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing & continuous improvement
- Vendor / Sub-contracting auditing
- Negotiation Skills
Competitive Salary & Package