Warrington & Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides high quality, safe healthcare for over 500,000 people across Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes and the surrounding areas. The trust has over 4,000 staff across two hospitals and they also provide orthopaedic services at the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre building on the Halton General campus.
The hospitals are located around 10 miles apart and are easily accessible being close to the North West motorway network.
Warrington & Halton NHS Foundation Trust are recognised as a leader in driving excellence in procurement, were winner of Trusts Team of the Year in 2012, Team of the Month in July 2019 are accredited to NHS Standards of Procurement Level 2 and have exceeded ambitious savings targets year on year while ensuring they achieve best value and can ensure an outstanding standard of healthcare for their patients, communities and each other
- The Procurement Manager will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the delivery of an expenditure control programme aimed at providing genuine cost improvements across all levels of Trust influencable non-pay expenditure. This will include identifying and generating financial savings for the Trust through focused contract negotiation around all goods and services.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in the delivery of an expenditure control programme aimed at providing genuine cost improvements within the Divisions and CBUs under your responsibility. This will require the identification and delivery of recurrent cash releasing savings and providing support in the development and delivery of an annual work plan focused on the delivery of the CBU's procurement CIP target.
- To lead on Tender and Quotation exercises resulting in the award of formal contracts for the goods and services required to provide patient care in the CBUs for which the post holder is responsible. Specifically, this will involve placing advertisements on the Trust's contract management portal, receiving and evaluating potentially complex bids, producing recommendation reports for verification by the Senior Procurement Manager / Deputy Head of Procurement as appropriate and post award contract management.
- Following contract award, conduct contract review meetings as necessary to ensure the contract is performing as expected and there is a robust process in place in the event that the contract does not perform as expected. It is the responsibility of the post holder to ensure that end users are fully involved and engaged in the process at all stages.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in the delivery of the Carter and Model Hospital objectives.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in the development of work plans and reporting mechanisms covering all influencable spend under this post holders remit.
- Further develop existing relationships with CBUs within this post holder's area of responsibility to contribute and support the delivery of CBU objectives.
- Provide advice and support to CBUs in development of service specifications prior to the commencement of contracting activity.
- Demonstrable experience working within a procurement environment
- An understanding of European Legislation associated with competitive tendering and contract awards
- Experience of working under pressure to strict deadlines and prioritising workload
- A willingness to study for, or have already attained, appropriate qualification (e.g. CIPS certificate or NVQ)
- Ability to allocate and oversee blocks of work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to motivate others/set high standards
- A knowledge and understanding of the terms and conditions of contract
- Demonstrable knowledge of Procurement and Customer Care
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to make a difference in the NHS
- Working within an professional and forward thinking work environment
- A diverse and interesting role
- Highly supportive network of award winning procurement professionals