The Procurement Manager will be based at the Whitstable site who employ around 250ppl. The wider corporation has sites across the Globe with an annual turnover exceeding £6 billion supplying product into the Aerospace & Defence.
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of Procurement associated with procuring a designated range of goods at optimum cost, delivered on time and to required quality standards. Leading a team of 4 Tactical Buyers and 2 Strategic Buyers;
- Effectively manage all aspects of supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply whilst ensuring commercial terms are suitable for long term aims of the business
- Encourage a competitive and varied supply market by applying best practice tools and techniques to analyse spend and gain maximum strategic and tactical advantage
- Promote SRM and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues and identify potential opportunities to further develop collaboration and deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (Cost, Service & Quality)
- Focus on contract management, managing both tender and negotiation processes for new contracts and contract renewals
- Provide appropriate input to NPI projects and ensure that a robust supply chain is in place from initial launch to long term supply
- Coaching and developing the team in all aspects of effective vendor management and relationship management
The ideal candidate would be from an Aerospace & Defence background with experience of leading and developing teams, global sourcing, driving cost savings & change management.
Competitive base salary & car allowance alongside wider benefits