Project Procurement Manager - Aerospace & Defence
A Global High Technology company, who are one of the key players in aerospace, defence and security, are currently looking to expand their procurement team. You will be part of a high calibre procurement team are expanding due to a number of new project wins.
- Lead the delivery of sub-contract management activities
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
- Draft and prepare more complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats and provide commercial management of those contracts.
- Focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and related supply base matters
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Requires appropriate training to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience (studying towards or achievement of MCIPS is preferred)
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector) and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- A good understanding of the Commercial and Legal Aspects associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector)
- A desire and aspiration to manage and develop a team to achieve the goals of the business
- SAP familiarity (or equivalent integrated business systems)
** Due to the nature of the tasks involved, any candidate being considered must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR export controls. The role will require UK and occasional overseas travel
If you are interested in discussing the Project Procurement Manager in more detail, please apply below or email Brad Mills on[email removed]