The client is recruiting for a Procurement Manager within their Transport team to manage specific procurement projects that relate to transport services, adopting best practice Procurement processes to identify key areas of opportunity, maximising benefits and returns. The holder will be required to build relationships with internal stakeholders and work closely with the operations on a cross functional basis to deliver end to end sourcing solutions and value across the business.
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supplier relationships, formalise relevant supply MSA/contracts and implement suitably authorised, acceptable, preferred/approved supply arrangements to satisfy Company strategy and business needs.
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through reviews with operational stakeholders and suppliers. Work closely with the operations to deliver a robust supplier management programme that can be delivered on an on-going basis.
- To deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management and to implement and maintain new policies and procedures and ensure that best practice Procurement processes are continually developed and used across all aspects of the role.
- Develop close working relationships with all levels across the Business, and other relevant stakeholders throughout the business as well as to external customers where applicable to better understand their requirements and issues. This will involve regularly visiting sites and leading/attending meetings.
- Design, monitor and maintain Procurement Policies and Procedure ensuring adherence, from supplier selection, tender formats, specifications, analysis, signoffs, brief outs and supply agreements in accordance with the Category Review Process.
To be considered, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence.
- Professionally qualified (MCIPS qualified or studying towards), or other relevant business discipline
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of managing complex or high value/risk categories of spend.
- A good level of relevant supply chain market knowledge will be an advantage
- Experience of managing Suppliers through contract implementation, and continuing to deliver value by continuous improvement as contracts mature.
- A good base knowledge of category procurement/buying
- Skills in business data analysis, with the ability to derive business solutions from complex information and to build a business case using data.