Procurement, Subcontracts, Construction, MCIPS, Hampshire, Southampton, Purchasing, Indirect, M&E
Company - This market leading Facilities company have several lucrative contracts with large business sites as well as Government funded operations across the South coast. They have a fantastic internal procurement network and work effectively to synchronise their key suppliers across the U.K. They are an employer that believe firmly in developing their staff and offer great opportunities for progression within the company.
Working hours: 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- To provide effective leadership and management of operational procurement teams. Deliver a culture of exceptional procurement services through proactive engagement with Contract Teams
- Procurement Stakeholders and Suppliers. Provide direction to Operational Buyers through guidance and support.
- Co-ordinate all activities with the Business Development Supply Chain Manager and the Commodity and Operational Manager and Process and Systems Manager
- Deliver, manage and report on financial targets set by procurement director
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships between key approved suppliers and operational teams
- Lead and manage the Operational Buyers to ensure the provision of high quality procurement services support to the organisation's activities for tactical and strategic Procurement
- Develop and promote contract management strategies to support the creation and monitoring of contracts performance throughout the business.
- Act as a support to the Operational Buyers for issue escalation purposes and mediation between the Customer and Operational Buyer for major issues within the supply chain
- Experience of managing subcontracts (e.g roofing, flooring, pipe works etc.)
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and develop others
- Expert negotiation skills
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel
- Strong projects, mechanical and electrical experience/back ground
- MCIPS preferred - relevant sector experience
- Clean driving licence and own transport
- Requirement for UK travel across the South
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Pension
- Family friendly benefits