Reporting to the Materials Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for buying materials and services to meets the needs of consumable manufacturing. The Procurement Officer is also responsible for identifying and meeting local purchasing needs, through vendor selection and management, evaluating suppliers and negotiating best total cost orders for obtaining materials and services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with various functions to identify local service and material needs. Meet spot purchasing requirements as needed.
- Research and evaluate current suppliers and identify new supplier options.
- Negotiate purchasing agreements with vendors to ensure that materials and services obtained are at the lowest cost, in the correct quantity, and of the highest quality consistent with company requirements.
- Apply company purchasing policies and standards (including accounting rules) at all times.
- Verify order requisitions for processing using Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.. Make necessary data entries to process orders.
- Make certain that goods and services are delivered within scheduled time frames. Ensure uninterrupted supply of materials and services to support the facility.
- Coordinate the return of defective or wrong product and initiates the proper accounting processes to receive credit.
- Develop and maintain necessary records and files for efficient operations. Be responsible for the certification of new suppliers.
- Review and establish vendor performance routinely, maintain updated performance data and prepare related reports for presentation to Manager.
- Resolve invoice and receiving issues escalating from procurement administration.
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for a request for quote (RFQ's).
- Identify new approaches and solutions to improve purchasing decisions, processes and profitability while supporting the needs and objectives of the company.
Role Specific Skills and Behaviours:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills and familiarity with standard Microsoft IT packages
- Knowledge of working to an ISO Quality Management System
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer service and detail orientated.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, strong team environment.
- Good communications skills at all levels.
- Good numerical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of an ERP system such as Dynamics is a plus
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.