The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now looking for a Procurement Officer to join our team, working from our offices in the Old Police House in Hyde Park.
- Salary of £27,390 - £33,300 per annum, depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
If you’re a procurement professional with experience of public procurement, this is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career with an organisation that protects some of London’s most iconic spaces.
Working with teams of dedicated, enthusiastic professionals, you will discover a passionate environment and incredible offices within the grounds of Hyde Park.
You’ll have the chance to build upon your skill set and refine your expertise while supporting the conservation of our breath-taking landscapes and ensuring London remains as beautiful as ever.
As a Procurement Officer, you will manage, co-ordinate and advise on all procurement matters for the organisation.
Supporting the Head of Procurement and Head of Contract Management, you will ensure we get the best value for money for all our purchased goods and services and that the highest professional procurement standards are followed.
Your role will also involve:
- Leading on lower value and risk procurement processes
- Publishing contract notices in the OJEU and on Contracts Finder
- Placing adverts in the trade press and responding to tender-related queries
- Providing procurement advice and technical assistance to colleagues
- Evaluating bids based on financial and qualitative criteria
- Ensuring the contracts register is accurate and up to date
To join us as a Procurement Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience of managing multiple and varied procurement processes concurrently up to and above OJEU thresholds
- Proven experience of EU and public procurement procedures and associated legal requirements and the identification and management of risk
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with a high level of numeracy and literacy skills
- To be customer-focused with excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to build strong and constructive relationships
- At a minimum, a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
Ideally, you will have a CIPS level 4 diploma in procurement and supply or an equivalent business related qualification, but this is not essential.
Experience of procuring any of the following would also be beneficial: construction works, hard and soft FM services, professional services, landscape maintenance services or service concessions.
Other organisations may call this role Procurement Executive, Procurement Co-ordinator, Purchasing and Procurement Officer, Buying Officer, Buyer, or Purchasing Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 1st March 2020.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a new challenge as a Procurement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 36 hours per week