Your new company
Your next company are a huge public sector organisation who are going through a period of change and are looking for a strong minded individual to lead a team of 10. This company have an overall spend of over 50 million on services and suppliers and 40 million on their capital programme. This for ever growing organisation are over 700 strong who are like minded individuals who are wanting to make a difference and influence peoples lives.
Your new role
The Strategic Procurement and Payments Manager is one of seven direct reports to the Head of Financial Services. The post has responsibility for the Procurement Strategy and a team of 10 people who provide support on procurement and invoice payment processing. On the procurement side this entails providing professional procurement advice and setting the standards for ensuring supplier relationships, contract terms and conditions and key performance indicators are developed to achieve maximum benefit for both supplier and the Company. In addition, the effective management and processing of all supplier payments for the Companies, in accordance with financial, contractual and legal regulations and the Company policies.
Daily duties include:
- To lead and develop a corporate "best in class" procurement and supplier management function through developing effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide and manage a streamlined payments service using P2P automated processes that have buy in across the business.
- Deliver financial savings through improved contract management, supplier development and cost effective procurement which achieves the savings contained within the Companies Medium Term Financial Plan
- Establish through training, support and mentoring improved procurement and contract management skills.
- To provide advice and counsel of OJEU regulations and ensuring adherence across the business and its wholly owned Companies, the procurement policies and legal requirements.
- The develop of frameworks to assist the business in the efficient procurement of suppliers and contractors in order to carry out its business
What you'll need to succeed
Your will need to be a energetic individual who is passion for man management and motivating others. Being the lead procurement professional in business your will be confident working with suppliers, frameworks and OJEU tenders. A massive part of the role will be managing and improving the P2P process and ensuring payment to suppliers is running smoothly and effectively.
Other essential requirements are:
- Fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Experience of running in excess of 20 OJEU tenders from start to award, including contract management Management qualification or, recognised accredited management scheme at a strategic level or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of working at a senior level (board) able to influence and convince others so that they respond positively to the professional advice and recommendations given.
- Drive and passion for continuous improvement within the service through and focus on delivering customer excellence
- Ability to demonstrate a commercial approach to delivering improved contract delivery arrangements through stretch KPIs and SLA standards
- Experience of delivering service improvements through streamlined processes and better use of technology
- Tenacious to ensure that processes do not overcome the effective delivery of projects and solutions for stakeholders and ensuring adherence to OJEU regulations
- Able to demonstrate robust and pragmatic problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and sound knowledge of the OJEU Regulations and any other legal requirement of public sector procurement including - GPDR, Modern Slavery, PCI etc
- Proven professional negotiating skills and the ability to achieve the most economically advantageous outcome
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.