Our client offer procurement consultancy services to the education sector. They deliver improvement, transformations, compliance and value for money to schools, colleges, academies and universities across the UK.
- To be pro-active with the client's staff to promote the benefits of procurement best practice and to provide advice and assistance as required with sourcing goods and services.
- To assist in the preparation of relevant paperwork for all Request for Quotes and tender (including: OJEU Notices, SQ Questionnaires and Evaluations, Specification Documents, ITTs, Tender Evaluations, award notices and Letters.
- Ensuring compliance with Company documents, processes and presentation standards.
- Arranging on-site information gathering visits and clarification presentations with suppliers and clients and attending these events to facilitate the smooth running of the service.
- To use as necessary, the Company's electronic tendering portal and other systems/ICT.
- To review the client's compliance to it's own procurement/contracting procedures on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities for additional savings.
- To review/draft and finalise contracts for clients in a range of different product and service areas.
- To advise clients on and assisting with the compilation, introduction and monitoring of Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- To develop with the client a programme for monitoring and review of contractual arrangements to ensure adherence to SLAs and KPIs as appropriate, and goods and/or services are of a suitable quality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of education, including procurement and/or project management qualifications (or similar);
- Excellent data research, collection and analysis skills, including the ability to work with and manipulate numerical data
- Proven organisational and project, planning skills, working in a calm, logical way to deliver tasks efficiently;
- You must be able to work collaboratively with others and will need to have excellent project management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues, peers, and external clients.
- Ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve problems.
- Proven experience of supplier management and procurement
- Experience of supplier management, building relationships for success and supplier development programmes
- Experience of managing the OJEU procurement rules in practice and a working knowledge of applying the PCR 2015 directives to your previous work
3 days a week on client site with 2 days working from home