Michael Page are pleased to be supporting a leading business with the appointment of an interim Procurement Specialist to work with the Head of Procurement to lead and manage procurement activities relating to several construction improvement projects across the business.
As the successful candidate you will report into the Head of Procurement, leading and managing procurement activities to support the programme of projects across the business
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creation and leading of a category management group to drive the category and sourcing strategy.
- Development of one, three and five year category plans, to include plan for individual sourcing projects, identified cost saving benefits and time frames for category development.
- Scheduling and running regular category review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Continually develop functional expertise and category knowledge ensuring it is utilised across the business to improve business performance
- Managing the delivery of spend analysis and supply market research
- Developing a portfolio of market intelligence
- Developing specifications for commodities, products and services
- Drafting Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitation to Tenders and other tender documentation
- Running tender evaluation and the supplier selection processes
- Ensuring the invited suppliers understand and comply with restrictions associated with supply
- Ensuring the tender process complies with Company Operations Policies and Procedure
- Accountable for managing relationships with key suppliers within the category, leading supplier relationships and when required conflict resolution
- Managing risk to supply and costs
In order to be successful in this role you will need a proven category management background ideally gained through the procurement of Civils & Buildings or Construction projects with a strong working knowledge of JCT or NEC contracts.
For immediate consideration apply now.