If you enjoy working autonomously, developing strategies for both direct and indirect spends and improving stakeholder engagement towards procurement then this could be an ideal position for you.
Our client, based in N. Lincolnshire, have just secured a number of large projects. With a view to further increasing turnover and profitability they now look to further develop their procurement department with the addition of this newly- created position of Procurement Specialist.
This position of Procurement Specialist will hold the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Purchasing Manager with the delivery and ongoing development of the procurement department to support new business growth and profitability of existing projects.
- Compiling commodity group plans in line with planned and unplanned requirements
- Negotiation and management of key contracts
- Supplier performance management
- Ensuring optimal inventory levels are maintained
- Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Delivery of savings on commodity groups
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements, rejections and warranty claims
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Procurement Specialist will have:
- A solid understanding of negotiating contracts within a Purchasing and Procurement position
- Exposure to working with contracts in a project-based environment (desirable not essential)
- Experience within an engineering / industrial projects / manufacturing environment
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out opportunities.
- A high level of emotional intelligence towards managing stakeholders effectively.
£42,000 - £45,000