Based in Rochester, Kent our client are one of the UK's leading suppliers to the food industry working with some of the most prestigious names in the food manufacturing industry.
The Procurement & Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the effective procurement of all raw materials, liquids and packaging, managing the production flow, warehouse operations and logistics.
- Processing of UK and worldwide purchase orders for liquid products
- Ensuring current and future orders are met and successfully delivered within contract terms
- Planning and delivery of supply chain strategy from delivery processes, production flow and delivery to end user
- Liaising with Hauliers regarding best pricing, scheduling and profitability
- Maximising efficiency in stock holding by looking at warehouse space planning, layout and storage
- Forecasting product need, inventory and stock holding
- Analysing and reporting on data and statistics regarding sales, stock holding, performance, demand
- Recommending efficiency and improvements where necessary
The successful Procurement & Supply Chain Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume processing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills including vlookup and pivot tables
- Strong planning and scheduling skills
- Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting short lead time products