My client is the UKs Leading Manufacturing and Production business in their field based in the New forest who are looking for a new Production Manager to join their team and work a double day shift pattern.
The key responsibilities for the Production Manager will be as follows:
- Ensure that Customer requirements are met
- Ensure that Section Leaders and Trainers are utilised effectively
- Oversee an effective and well communicated shift handover
- Ensure the shift operatives are compliant with the Company procedures and policies.
- Perform Temporary staff inductions and awareness of Risk assessments.
- Work in conjunction with the Supply chain and Production teams.
- Present and explain the reasons for the Shift / Day OE and OTIF at the morning production meeting.
The successful candidate for the Production Manager role will have the following skill set:
- Have Managed Operation teams previously
- Knowledge of extrusion lines is advantageous
- Recognised qualification in Management, or working towards this
- Recognised Health & Safety qualification
- First Aid trained
- Fire Marshal trained
- Competent in performing Risk Assessments
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to make sound and reasonable Operational decisions
As the Production manager you will work a double day shift pattern with the chance to work over time.