My client have been operating in their industry for over 100 years and are a true market leader. They have manufacturing bases all over the world and pride themselves on market-leading design and manufacturing processes.
As Production Planner, you will have the following areas of responsibility:
- To plan the daily activities of production reporting on progress made in achieving that plan in line with the company's objectives for "On Time Delivery" and highlighting reasons for any failures together with proposed corrective actions.
- Produce reports showing PTP compliance.
- To deputise for the Supply Chain Manager and stand in for him as required.
- To be the champion of continuous improvement for the planning area - always looking for smarter more effective ways of executing.
- To ensure that health & safety and environmental precautions are followed and standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- To accurately record transactions on the company MRP and computer systems.
- To interact with other company personnel, customers, suppliers and visitors in a polite and reasonable manner.
- Work with production teams to drive plan performance and improvement.
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for continuous improvement within the production environment, especially in relation to Planning.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Production Planning within a complex, fast-paced manufacturing environment. You will be a strong team player, motivated and a self-starter.
The successful candidate for the role of Production Planner will be offered c. £30,000 - £35,000 and the opportunity to work with a progressive organisation.