This is an exciting and global opportunity in leading aerospace business based in Luton. The role is to manage the production and supply planning across a number materials, while managing team of planners.
This role will involve creating Production Schedule plans, establishing gaps in capacity, helping drive gap closure and then ensuring these ‘roll up' into the S&OP process. Client Details
The business are a leading aerospace and defence business, creating, designing and manufacturing a number of technical products for global clients around the world.
They are ranked within the Top 100 global innovators last year by Thomas Reuters.
This position will enable you to enhance your supply chain and management skills, while giving you a clear career path ahead of you, with global opportunities around the world. Description
- Manage a team of 4 planners.
- Planning and scheduling the productions – up to 12 months focus, net planning 12 – 24 months
- Responsible for production schedule, in line with the overall S&OP vision.
- Develop key relationships with a multitude of stakeholders both in the UK and globally.
- Work closely with the demand manager to understand how changes affect, the workload, stock availability and inventory.
- Review, make and drive improvement activities to enhance SAP usage and reporting.
- Ensure production orders are released on schedule and manage the manufacturing team to ensure timely closure of orders.
- Proven experience of supply chain achievements within a technical manufacturing environment, such as aerospace, automotive or engineering companies.
- Proven management experience with MRP (SAP desirable but not essential).
- Experience of managing (or leading) a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Inventory Optimisation including stocking policies, master data management, Material replenishment strategies.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (in particular Excel and Power Point).
- An energetic, results oriented, driven individual.
Effective communicator at all levelsJob Offer
Salary range: £50,000-£55,000