A Leading 3rd Party logistics provider with a broad portfolio of clients including both Open book single customer and closed book multi user operations.
This role is the key project and programme interface within my clients business. the successful candidate will have responsibility for but not limited to the following
- Responsible for the Project Governance process
- Report to the Board on the progress status, customer experience and risk management
- Development of Project Managers as well as external resource, to deliver change programmes within the Client sites in a risk free manner adhering to Project definition principles and quality standards.
- Supporting the Commercial and Business Development Team in providing commercially focused solution support in order to deliver new business names.
- Managing the delivery of Strategic Planning process outputs within the Sector ensuring individual plans are robust and aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Supporting Customer change plans with key responsibility for project initiation ensuring all resources approved and available, both people and funding.
- Managing forecasting, measurements and delivery of budgets relating to all managed work streams.
- Conduct a pre-project assessment and post handover success audit
- Deliver projects as required and appropriate to skill base, to dovetail into workload and support project delivery overall
- Attending and updating the central change board and working with the central change team to drive process and policy improvements.
Create a relationship with all key senior project sponsors and act as a project audit or point of escalation for clients.
The successful candidate will have track record in leading large scale logistics projects and programmes.
- Previous projects will include Site/contract Start-ups, Closures, reloactions including TUPE transfers, WMS/TMS implementations, Operational improvement.
- Experience of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio is essential.
- Operational experience in contract logistics is advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of the tender phase and understands the Gates/stage control process.
- Financial experience of managing project budgets including challenging costings
- Prior training in Prince2 to Practitioner level, PMQ, PMP, MSP or similar is highly desireable.
This role will require national travel and occasional overnight stays depending upon the specific project/customer requirements.
3-6 month Fixed term contract c. £80,000 + Car and benefits / competitive day rate (inside IR35)