Programme Procurement Manager required for world renowned specialist manufacturer
As a Programme Procurement Manger you will be accountable for the procurement elements of programme deliverables, and will work as part of various integrated project teams within one of the major business units.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up sustainable procurement plans and manage changes validated by the Programme Manager within the scope of the programme
- Involving suppliers in the product development process to ensure benefits from innovation are captured and complexities are validated early in the programme conception and design stages.
- Engage and ensure supplier representation in Research & Technology stages or as early as scope study launch.
- Set up co-engineering teams with suppliers to meet purchase cost commitments and objectives
- Managing the programme purchases: lead supplier selection processes, make sure procurement contracts are signed with suppliers, ensure availability of supplier capable of delivering compliant parts at required production rate and price objective
- Managing programme procurement risk, manage configuration and modifications to prevent production violations.
You will ideally be CIPS qualified or have an engineering degree (or equivalent), and boast experience of implementing procurement strategies within a project/programme led manufacturing environment. You will be able to communicate and present to Senior Management, and have experience of managing cross functional teams.
This is a full time role based in Cwmbran, but some travel is expected to sites globally, including the United States. The role pays up to £58k, dependent on experience, and there is a suite of benefits.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.