Based in Folkestone, Kent, our client our global manufacturers operating in the FMCG market.
The Project Buyer will be join the Purchasing and Procurement team and help negotiate and contract for designated spend categories whilst developing effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Request quotes from suppliers on new product developments and projects
- Communicate price, lead time and any associated costs of product launches with the relevant stakeholders
- Anticipate and communicate any potential risks to lead times
- Represent the Purchasing and Procurement department and manage the commercial relationships
- Support in supplier performance reviews
- Supply Gap Analysis
- Set up new component codes and records on SAP
- Ensure SAP is maintained and up to date with MOQ, lead times, prices etc.
The successful Project Buyer will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to use SAP
- Competence in MS Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Procurement experience within an FMCG environment
- Exposure to commodity management and project sourcing
- Proven track record of delivering cost improvements
Competitive hourly rate