My client is a company that purchases high quality chemicals to help develop agriculture in Africa.
The Logistics and Purchasing Coordinator will be based in Watford and be responsible for creating and maintaining good relationships with vendors and suppliers. Key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and cultivate new sources for supplies and products
- Explain and clarify purchasing procedures to internal departments as well as vendors
- Place orders to procure requisitioned items or services
- Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner
- Respond to shipping complaints, lost items, damages
- Work with carrier and third-party services
- Ensure shipping carrier requirements and regulations are met
- Notify customers if shipments are delayed
- Manage responses from subsidiaries and their enquiries
- Coordinate inspections with Inspection Agencies and suppliers to ensure compliance in a timely manner
- Coordinate Sea Freight and Air Shipments to subsidiary
- Ensure all Export Procedures and Documentation are efficient
- Complete all Sea/Air Export Documentation
- Update Internal Databases to Control & Record Shipments and Certifications; Ensure Authorisations for Shipment and Inspection Clearances have been verified; Match Accounting Records and Freight Bills
- Raising Documents on the ERP System
- Administrative support and provide holiday cover
The successful candidate would live in reasonable distance to Watford and hold 3 years experience within importing and exporting.
A well rewarded package is on offer for the successful candidate.