Our client has multiple locations across Europe and operate in a relatively niche market. Looking to increase profitability over the next two years they now look to improve their supply chain processes across the board. This position will focus on optimising the cost and delivery of material supply within a stockist/distribution environment.
The responsibilities of this position of Purchasing & Inventory Manager will be to:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team in Sheffield.
- Optimise the cost of material supply whilst establishing the most robust supply chain for line level SKU purchase
- Work to improve communication of demand forecasts and customer requirements towards supply.
- Assess efficiency's within supplier rationalisation, P.O. consolidation and cost reductions
- Proactively assessing the demand and supply plan which may result in overstocks/stock outs and suggest suitable alternatives.
- Manage daily and weekly Supply and availability processes
The successful candidate for the role of Purchasing & Inventory Manager in Sheffield will have:
- Procurement/Inventory experience within a distribution environment (essential)
- Demonstrable achievements relating to working with high SKU counts, multiple suppliers and customers across many countries
- Strong analytical skills (data manipulation)
- Sound commercial acumen; monitoring internal and external global market factors and trends
- The ability to travel if required
- Previously managed teams within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain environments
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits and future progression.