Our client are a highly successful global organisation with operations in all the major consumer markets. The stability and growth of the organisation is testament to the robust and dynamic management style adopted by the leadership team. They continue to invest in their people and facilities to remain in a market leading position. Talent management is the cornerstone to their business strategy offering career development on a local and international basis.
The Lancashire based facility is an impressive operation showcasing leading technology within the manufacturing sector.
As the Purchasing Manager you will:
- Manage a local (Lancashire) team of highly skilled senior buyers to manage a complex spend across a global supply base
- Develop a long standing supply base year on year, gaining cost benefit, security of supply, and maintaining pace in technology advancements
- Support an exciting NPD pipeline accessing leading technology with the support of cross functional teams
- Develop internal stakeholders to aid the support of sites on a global basis gaining leverage in spend
- Operate and contribute as part of the senior management team (SMT) to support both site and organisation activities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already operating as a Purchasing Manager in an engineering / technology based environment
- Proven people manager / leader with the ability to demonstrate performance development
- Have the ambitious to grow their career within an truly international business
- Ideally have worked in quality orientated industry ( Automotive / Aerospace / Precision Engineering )
- Be of degree calibre and MCIPS qualified
£60000 - 65000 basic + car + package