My client is a global manufacturer with an impressive order book reaching well into 2021, and showing no signs of slowing. They continue to invest in NPD appealing to a broader range of customer, increasing their overall stability in the market place. In summary they are a very safe bet from a security perspective.
They are an organisation who value their employees, investing in professional develop, education, and well being. They can offer challenging, long term careers.
As the Purchasing Manager you will,
- Manage and develop the team based in the Cheshire location. This will include reviewing their capability, identifying training needs, and creating succession plans
- Review the function to highlight value, and non-value activity, including processes, reporting, systems, and communications
- Work with the global supply base to develop service across cost, quality, and delivery objectives
- Support the NPD pipeline to ensure the Supply Chain can respond to time to market, capacity requirements, and sustainability
- Build networks both internally and externally to ensure customers receive a first class service from the team, and the organisation benefits from global insights
- Manage supply chain risk, maintaining current market knowledge on pricing, availability, shipping constraints.....
The ideal candidate will:
- Already be operating as a Purchasing Manager within the electronics manufacturing sector, and used to working with complex BOMs, and highly technical products
- Be a proven leader and be able to demonstrate leadership, including building engagement, mentoring, and succession planning
- Have operated in global supply markets and have had business relationships with key global markets
- Have shown the ability to develop teams and functions, driving productivity and excellence within purchasing
- Competent using ERP systems, ideally SAP
circa £55,000 + package