Our client, based in Dewsbury, has a fantastic reputation for quality and innovation. Their product range and customer base are diverse and they produce one off items all the way through to managed projects (design and installation solutions).
With a clear vision and scope to enter into new markets this business anticipates exciting growth over the next 3-5 years. This position of Purchasing & Planning Manager will be crucial to driving the business towards that.
The key responsibilities of this Purchasing & Planning Manager will be to plan and organise the movement of goods and materials from suppliers right the way through the supply chain process. Developing and managing systems, processes and staff in order to drive company requirements into suppliers, you will manage the supply chain to deliver the optimum supply chain cost, service and inventory levels.
- Full accountability for Supply chain, both internal and external:- With emphasis on streamlining the supply of materials through supply chain and system development.
- Shared responsibility for the management of strategic purchasing activities and supplier development with the MD.
- Ensure the highest standards of communication exist between the business and all existing and new suppliers.
- Be actively involved in the development and modifications to existing/new products that takes into account all supply chains and new/developing technologies.
- Support a competent and highly driven team; 1x buyer and a dispatch team.
- Ensure quality, cost and timing targets are agreed and monitored with suppliers and subsequently met.
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of information on a regular basis using various methods to all stakeholders and staff.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, external suppliers and customers to build and maintain a positive reputation.
- Create and manage MRP (Sage 200) throughout the business process to ensure effective supply of parts from supply to manufacture.
- Establish a Materials Price Variance Measure and develop actions to minimise impact on customer pricing or quality.
- To manage the stores and logistics process to minimise the cost of stock holding, ensure stock accuracy and parts supplied to production on time.
- Promote, share and sustain best practice business methods at all times.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement agreed innovations and technological advances where appropriate.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Purchasing & Planning Manager will have:
Supervised planning and purchasing functions within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable acihievements in Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Experience of materials planning, production planning.
A track record of making improvements towards materials management.
Knowledge of developing a customer and service led organisation.
The ability to develop relationships with all stakeholders.
The ability to identify and solve complex problems
The ability to evaluate and create actions plans to achieve the desired outcome
Excellent skills in analysis and with the use of Excel.
Good MRP knowledge/experience.
£35,000 - £40,000 + car