My client is a highly successful manufacturer with a strong order book and a clear growth plan.
As the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager you will:
- Assess the current inbound supply chain based on quality, cost, and delivery. In response ensure the organisation has effective supply partners on a local and global level.
- Support the local manufacturing site including continuity of supply, NPD, and site indirect requirements.
- Work with the sales and marketing functions to review the product offering and source factored product where applicable.
- Own global inventory ensuring service levels are met whilst cash is managed effectively.
- More the purchasing from a tactical to a strategic function.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already operating as a Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager within a manufacturing based organisation
- Competent to develop a purchasing strategy
- Understand how to manage stock levels on a global basis (remote inventory locations)
- Comfortable using and developing functionality of MRP systems
- Can balance both tactical and strategic activity
circa £45000 + car + package