12 month fixed term contract - food manufacturing experience required Your new company
Our client is a marker leading food manufacturer who are looking to appoint a Quality Control Technician on a 12 month contract to join their current existing Quality Control team. This team is currently made up 10 people; 6 technicians, 1 supervisor, 2 managers and 1 administrator. Your new role
This role has become available due to maternity cover and is a 12 month fixed term contract. The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
What you'll need to succeed
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment to the required standard
- Ensure all raw materials, in process and finished product quality testing are carried out to meet production time limitations
- Release of raw materials for use, finished goods for sale in compliance with specifications and validations of orders for dispatch
- Carry out internal microbiological analysis by petrifilm
- Evaluate new raw materials and pre-shipment samples
- Carry out shelf life trials
- Carry out environmental monitoring including swabs
- Maintain records and documentation according to established procedures
- Ensure certificate of analysis are created and available in the online database
- Carry out internal audits as required
- Ensure compliance to procedures in the manual, including all aspects of quality, environment and health and safety
Our client is looking for someone who is; self-motivated, proactive and able to use their own initiative whilst working as part of a team as well as having excellent analytical skills with the ability to multi-task. The successful person must be computer literate, have excellent accuracy and attention to detail and have good written and oral communication skills.
Ideally the successful person will have had experience in the food industry and in particular, colours or extracting.
You will also ideally have experience in using the following equipment:
What you'll get in return
- Malvern Mastersizer
- HunterLab Colorimeter
- Density meter
- Karl Fisher
- Smaller instruments such as pH meter, microscope, viscometer.
What you need to do now
- Salary is Circa £18,000 depending on experience
- Working hours are 35 hours per week (7 per day with 30 minutes for lunch) on a 4 week working pattern between 07:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday.
- Free car parking
- Pension contributions of 5%, 8% or 14.5% depending on age
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.