I am currently recruiting for a Recycling Transport Manager for a leading UK recycling / haulage based business in Peterborough. With a large UK depot network, they currently hold market share within their sector.
Due to an internal promotion a role has arisen for a Transport professional to take on a challenging whilst rewarding operation in the Peterborough region.
The successful candidate for the Recycling Transport Manager role will be responsible for:
- The safe operation of all Transport activities in Peterborough, ensuring compliance with H&S legislation & safe systems of work.
- Managing a fleet of 50+ vehicles, 40+ Drivers, and a total management and admin team of c. 10 people.
- Ensuring legal compliance to the Traffic Commissioners Operating Licenses.
- Ensure sites conform and work with the Vehicle Operator Licensing Agency inspections.
- Ensuring that the delivered service to the relevant transit points is provided and targets are achieved.
- Ensure regular and effective communication methods / mechanisms are developed.
The successful candidate for the Recycling Transport Manager will have the following Skills & Experiences:
- Previous experience in Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- CPC National or International qualified
- Managing teams in excess 5 direct reports and 40+ drivers
- Have worked within the Recycling / Haulage / 3PL sector previously - advantageous
- Demonstrate knowledge of multi site Transport operations, UK Distribution legislation and working best practices
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding
- Strategic Management Awareness
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Health and Safety and associated regulations
- Be commutable to Peterborough
This role offers:
- Salary - £45,000 to £55,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus
- Additional company benefits