I am working with a leading UK FMCG business who are actively looking to recruit a Regional Fleet Compliance & Maintenance Lead to oversee 3 key sites within their network. This role will work alongside the respective Transport Managers in supporting their operational compliance, maintenance and reduce their VOR rates.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Report into the National Operations Manager
- Work alongside the Transport Managers for local sites around daily running, operational efficiency's and fleet compliance.
- Act as an interface with relevant workshops and repair centres with a particular focus on costs, service and fleet availability demands from the business.
- Have a strong knowledge of HGV vehicle maintenance and checking on outsourced workmanship.
- Be financially responsible for a monthly budget, working in line with specific sits and the wider businesses operational and financial objectives.
- Conduct spot checks on sites within the network.
- Act as an interface with external bodies such as VOSA.
- Be commercially aware and have a good understanding of Fleet Maintenance costs at a local level.
- Be commutable to the East Midlands.
The successful candidate for the Regional Fleet Compliance & Maintenance Lead position will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC qualified - Essential.
- Have 3+ years Fleet Management experience.
- Have worked across a fleet range of 250+ vehicles ranging from Vans, LGV's and HGV's.
- Experienced in working within unionised environments - Advantageous.
- An analytical and continuous improvement mindset will be critical for succeeding in this role.
- This person should be results driven and commercially minded.
- You must be a competent user of Microsoft packages, including Excel.
- Be commutable to the East Midlands region.
This role offers a packaging including:
- Base Salary - £35,000 to £36,000.
- Company Car.
- Competitive Pension Scheme.
- Holiday package.
- Plus additional company benefits.