Michael Page Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading 3PL business in their search for a Regional Transport Manager based across their East Midlands region.
This company have experienced huge periods of growth over the last 5 years and have historically been a great client of ours. After a big contract win within their network due to be announced shortly, their East Midlands operations need strengthening at a senior level to oversee their day to day operations through and the company's strategic plans for the next 24 month.
The Regional Transport Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the Operations Director.
- Managing a team of c.120+ drivers, along with the individual sites Transport Managers, Supervisory, Planning and Customer Services teams.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Complete thorough driver trip Debriefs and manage poor performing drivers.
- Managing drivers hours & ensure legal compliance as per the Working Time Directive & Drivers hours
Using the Gateway system to maintain drivers hours records and Tachographs to include uploads of vehicles & drivers within the required time limits, collate and send charts/envelopes to FTA for analysis.
- Ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance & MOT, with an appropriate replacement to meet the business demand.
- Carryout driving licence, ADR certificate, CPC card checks at the appropriate time.
- Maintain & review driving licence records.
- Be commutable to the East Midlands region.
The successful candidate for the Regional Transport Managers position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be Degree educated - Advantageous.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified - Essential.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Transport Management experience.
- Have managed in excess of 120+ drivers previously.
- Have managed budget in excess of £10M - Advantageous.
- Start Up experience is desirable.
- Have worked within a 3PL environment previously - Essential.
- Have worked within a Food / FMCG environment previously - Advantageous.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, Transport General Manager, General Manager, Regional Transport Manager, National Transport Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
This role offers:
- £50,000 to £60,000 - DOE.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional Company benefits.