Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a leading FMCG distributor in their search for a senior manager operating within their Transport & Supply Chain function across the Ipswich (Bury St. Edmunds), Cambridgeshire and South West (Bristol) locations.
This business are a market leader within their sector with year on year growth expected to continue across 2020. The ideal candidate for this position will be located near Northampton, have operated at a multi-site, regional or national level within Transportation. They will also ideally have experience working with Manufacturing businesses or even having worked within a Manufacturing / Production role for a brief period in their career.
The Regional Transport & Production Manager will:
- Report to the Supply Chain Director (or similar)
- Manage key sites across the East Anglia (Bury St. Edmunds), Cambridgeshire and South West (Bristol) regions.
- Oversee 5-10 direct reports all of Depot Manager, Operations Manager and Transport Manager level.
- Manage both the Transport and Production operations.
- Ensure the legal running of a Logistics fleet ranging between 120 - 200 vehicles.
- Plan and implement the overall business wide Supply Chain vision and strategy.
- Be a driving force across Sales, Customer Service and Operational teams, driving S&OP.
- Oversee best practices, KPI's, business change and process & continuous improvement strategies.
- Chair and participate in key meetings (e.g. daily operations meetings, monthly supply chain reviews, capability reviews, monthly and management business reviews).
- Be the regional O'licence holder, ensuring effective legal compliance as minimum.
- Facilitate coordination with the regional manufacturing and distributions operations for optimal capacity planning by using supply point capability review.
- Ensuring that Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely (SMART) principles are applied and objectives identified are included in PDRs and cascaded to all levels of the team.
- Located near Northampton.
The successful candidate for the Regional Transport & Production Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain, including Production / Manufacturing background.
- Be Degree educated - Advantageous.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified - Essential.
- Have worked across a Logistics and Production environment previously - Essential.
- Have managed over 150+ vehicles previously.
- Have experience of working at a multi-site, regional or national level previously.
- Have managed a budget in excess of £10M.
- A knowledge of CI and business change techniques.
- Be results driven and commercially aware.
- Be prepared for travel between the East Anglia (Bury St. Edmunds), Cambridgeshire and South West (Bristol) regions.
This role offers:
- Salary - £70,000 to £75,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£7,500)
- 10% Company Bonus.
- Holiday package.
- Competitive Pension scheme.
- Private Health care.
- Plus additional company benefits.