Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a leading FMCG distributor in their search for a senior manager operating within their Transport & Supply Chain function across the South West (Bristol), East Anglia (Bury St. Edmunds) and Cambridgeshire regions.
This business are a market leader within their sector with year on year growth expected to continue across 2020. The ideal candidate for this position will have operated at a multi-site, regional or national level within Transportation. They will also ideally have experience working with Manufacturing businesses or even having worked within a Manufacturing / Production role for a brief period in their career.
The Regional Transport & Supply Chain Manager will:
- Report to the Supply Chain Director (or similar)
- Manage key sites across the South West (Bristol), East Anglia (Bury St. Edmunds) and Cambridgeshire regions.
- Oversee 5-10 direct reports all of Depot Manager, Operations Manager and Transport Manager level.
- Manage both the Transport and Production operations.
- Ensure the legal running of a Logistics fleet ranging between 120 - 200 vehicles.
- Plan and implement the overall business wide Supply Chain vision and strategy.
- Be a driving force across Sales, Customer Service and Operational teams, driving S&OP.
- Oversee best practices, KPI's, business change and process & continuous improvement strategies.
- Chair and participate in key meetings (e.g. daily operations meetings, monthly supply chain reviews, capability reviews, monthly and management business reviews).
- Be the regional O'licence holder, ensuring effective legal compliance as minimum.
- Facilitate coordination with the regional manufacturing and distributions operations for optimal capacity planning by using supply point capability review.
- Ensuring that Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely (SMART) principles are applied and objectives identified are included in PDRs and cascaded to all levels of the team.
The successful candidate for the Regional Transport & Supply Chain Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be degree educated - Advantageous.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified - Essential.
- Have worked across a Logistics and Production environment previously - Essential.
- Have managed over 150+ vehicles previously.
- Have experience of working at a multi-site, regional or national level previously.
- Have managed a budget in excess of £10M.
- A knowledge of CI and business change techniques.
- Be results driven and commercially aware.
- Be prepared for travel between the South West (Bristol), East Anglia (Bury St. Edmunds) and Cambridgeshire regions.
This role offers:
- Salary - £70,000 to £75,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£7,500)
- 10% Company Bonus.
- Holiday package.
- Competitive Pension scheme.
- Private Health care.
- Plus additional company benefits.