My client is a market leader within the industry and helps shore up companies supply chains through their solutions. They are based in the wider Redditch area and additionally have offices based across the United Kingdom. They specialise in providing world-wide transport solution where others fail.
As a Road Freight Forwarder you will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Prepare quotes, taking bookings and dealing with general customer enquiries in a professional and timely manner, in line with our company SLA's
- Source, plan and monitor consignments, assessing any risk to targeted deadlines, and providing alternative transport solutions as a contingency option
- Liaise with sub-contract road haulage suppliers in order to negotiate best possible rates
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and packing specifications, and compliance with other countries regulations and fiscal regimes
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with current and new customers
The ideal Road Freight Forwarder will be reporting into the Operations Manager and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A strong background in road freight, ideally pan-European or Continental experience.
- Strong experience with multi-modal transport such as vans, 7.5 tons, artic vehicles.
- A knowledge of Dangerous Goods or IATA regulations.
- Able to commute within the wider Redditch area.
- Degree educated, ideally within Business Management or Logistics.
- Previous European Freight Forwarding experience.
- Experience managing high-value account and communicating with numerous stakeholders.
- An ability to think outside the box and overcome challenges.