My client is one of the countries largest privately owned freight forwarders based in Derbyshire. The business has ambitious grow plans to rapidly expand into new markets over the coming decade, with large scale investment from a private entrepreneur.
As an Road Freight Planner you will report into the Senior Road Freight Manager and commute daily to Burton-on-Trent, Derbyshire. You will also have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing price quotations - Informing about the freight prices, port charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices as well as prices for handling the goods
- Organising transport through third party transit means.
- Providing valid insurance for the vehicles - trucks and trailers
- Providing appropriate transportation means with adequate load capacity
- Handling customs entries and arranging billings for VAT/Duties
- Ensuring full HAWB and MAWB compliance and clearance.
The successful candidate will have an expansive background in the freight forwarding industry with a bias towards road freight. The ideal Road Freight Planner will have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ year's experience in freight forwarding in road freight
- Experience of customs compliance / HAWB & MAWB
- Proven track record of calculating taxes and duties via imported freight.
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience with Documentation Services (Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit etc)
- Commutable to Derbyshire and / or Burton-on-Trent.
- An ambitious drive to grow and succeed within the freight forwarding world
- A foreign language skill would be advantageous.
£25,000-£32,000 + bonuses