HR, IT, professional services or science and engineering Your new company
It is a company that has curiosity in small to large scale of diversity. It works in public, private and voluntary sector. The main aim is to provide early warnings of change as well as management on how to deal with it. Your new role
You will have proven understanding of supply chain issues and proven ability in purchasing across a variety of operational and capital categories including the end-to-end procure-to-pay (P2P) cycle. You will also have shown development of successful soft skills, particularly in stakeholder engagement. The Category Manager is expected to develop a strong knowledge of the companies procurement processes and policies in order to ensure compliance and develop reports as part of the central Procurement Function. The Category Manager will become a trusted and knowledgeable adviser for a variety of end-users and will also play a proactive role in finding solutions to common issues as well as verbalising opportunities for efficiency and cost savings.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualified or willing to work towards it.
- Purchasing and systems tools experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information.
- Strong skills in supplier and customer relationship management.
- Driving licence (travel and overnight stays are required).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven with the ability to manage a portfolio of workloads and meet deadlines.
- Able to work effectively on own or as part of a team the company will offer training and development where appropriate in order to enhance the applicant’s skills and expertise as relevant to the position.
The salary for this post is £28,000 paying up to £30,000 depending on experience. In addition 30 days’ annual leave and 10? days’ public and privilege holiday per annul. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.