Senior Advisor, Procurement
- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: 6, £34,427 rising to £37,656 over three years
- Post number: 202512, 202513
- Type of contract: Fixed term appointment until 31 March 2021
- Work pattern: Full time
- Closing date: 5th April 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
Support the delivery of specific elements of the NRW (Sustainable) Procurement Strategy, to deliver best practice in procurement and contract management across NRW.
Provide professional advice to managers and operational colleagues. Managing the award of high risk procurement requirements, supporting specific procurement categories promoting the delivery of outcomes by means of a compliant, flexible process.
Qualifications and Skills
- The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership or working towards).
- Substantial experience as a Procurement practitioner, in the application of knowledge and the specific requirements of the post.
- Substantial experience of influencing procurement decisions at a project level.
- Experience of undertaking and leading procurement exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery.
- Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners.
- Transferrable experience of using procurement to deliver business objectives.
- Understanding of procurement concepts, practices, governance & techniques, & maintenance of this through a range of interests & peer group interaction.
For more information, please visit our website by following the Apply Link.