Your new role
Using a wide range of procurement expertise and analytical skills, the main purpose of this role is to facilitate and manage the procurement of goods and services including the development of risk-mitigating sourcing strategies, competitive tendering and evaluation processes, contract drafting, implementation and on-going management of third party suppliers. The role holder also plays a significant part in the training and mentoring of other members of the team as well as educating senior stakeholders within the Group in the value of effective procurement.
Your new responsibilities
- Manage the critical dates and schedules within procurement projects and procurement work-streams within change initiatives to ensure deadlines and success criteria are met.
- Identify and drive through category savings opportunities through market and data analysis, product standardisation, supplier rationalisation and contract negotiation.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior internal stakeholders and external suppliers (up to Director level) to ensure process efficiency, cost effective procurement and robust governance; foster the use of e-procurement systems and promote the value of effective procurement across the Group.
- Provide support and training to internal departments across the Group involved in procurement activity; support the development of the SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) framework and skill-sets appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Draft and negotiate high value, high risk agreements for goods and services understanding all standard legal implications and all commercial terms ensuring risks are minimised and mitigated and contract value maximised.
- Proactively undertake supply market-place analysis to identify trends, new and emerging technologies, products and services making recommendations appropriate to the needs of the business and challenging inertia.
- Manage and review suppliers' performance, initially agreeing and subsequently ensuring that KPIs and SLAs are met; refining terms and negotiating service credits where necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement being open and proactive to improvements and carrying out improvements in line with the corporate methodology.
- Demonstrate the organisation's values and appropriate behaviours.
- Any other reasonable management request.
What you'll need to succeed
- An expert practitioner with substantial procurement experience
- Professionally qualified under CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
- Proven track record of negotiating high value, high risk contracts
- Experience of leading/motivating a team
- Experience of high value, highly complex IT procurement projects
What you'll get in return
A salary of circa £40k plus a generous benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.