Senior Buyer required for Newport based company - this is a 1 year fixed term Maternity cover.
As a Senior Buyer you will be responsible for the delivery of strategic sourcing events in order to meet specific business and end-user needs. Key responsibilities include delivering the objectives defined by the Head of Procurement, managing supporting staff, managing the sourcing process and delivering projects on time.
This role will involve the development of contracting strategies, drafting Invitations to Tender and RFQ's, the negotiation and implementation of Contracts and Framework Agreements, and more widely offering procurement support and advice to all end-users within the business. You will ensure all Procurement events are run in compliance with the EU Regulations and internal Procurement Policy.
- Delivering the annual Procurement Plan for Indirect Goods and Services category
- Effective utilisation of the e-Sourcing system;
- Managing Procurement events to deliver against an agreed Procurement Plan;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts;
- Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate EU Procurement legislation, policies and procedures, ensuring their correct application in any Procurement Event;
- Identifying potential suppliers who are looking to enter the market;
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including internal customers, external suppliers.
- Monitoring progress of various existing contracts and organising Procurement Events where necessary;
- Conducting research to ascertain market trends and needs;
- Producing reports and statistics;
- Conducting presentations about market analyses and possible growth;
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future
- Reporting progress monthly to Head of Procurement
- Five years relevant Procurement or Commercial experience in the Utility, Manufacturing or construction industries.
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- People leadership experience & results focused
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills;
- Experience, or good working knowledge of: SAP R/3 (or similar ERP systems), e-Sourcing systems
- Strong Commercial awareness;
- A good standard of numeracy, to be able to analyse facts and figures and then make sense of them within a business context;
- Strong negotiation skills and networking ability;
- Experience with commercial contracts and templates
- The ability to make important decisions and to cope with pressure from meeting demanding targets and tight deadlines;
- Tact and diplomacy; the ability to multi-task and take risks
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.