Our client, based in Sheffield, have a strong order book for 2020 having secured a number of projects in 2019. With a view to increasing turnover and profitability they now look to professionalise their procurement department with the addition of this position of Senior Buyer.
This position of Senior Buyer will hold the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Purchasing Manager with the delivery and ongoing development of the procurement department to support new business growth and profitability of existing projects.
- Compiling commodity group plans in line with planned and unplanned requirements
- Negotiation and management of key contracts
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager to mentor purchasing administrators
- Supplier performance management
- Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Continued CI activities towards supplier relationship management
- Delivery of savings on commodity groups
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements, rejections and warranty claims
- Develop internal relationships with departments including Operations, Engineering, Projects, Sales, Finance, Quality.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Senior Buyer will have:
- A solid understanding of negotiating / managing contracts within a Purchasing and Procurement position
- Exposure to working within an SME - (desirable not essential)
- Experience within an engineering, construction or manufacturing environment
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out opportunities
£40,000 - £45,000